The ALL VOLUNTEER Greater Tucson Fire Foundation, www.tucsonfirefoundation.org, remains a national leader in firefighter health and wellness advocacy. Although some similar, there are no other foundation’s as laser focused on the three main killers of firefighters. Support for the Foundation’s mission is derived from only a few novel funding sources. Safe Shift Estate Sale/Resale store remains the main funding arm for the Foundation. Fiesta De Los Bomberos, September 21, 2018 at Starr Pass Resort in Tucson Arizona, also all volunteer operating committee, represents firefighter health and wellness advocacy in the region as well as through the National Fallen Firefighter Foundation.
All Fire Foundation’s Firefighter Health and Wellness programs provide assistance to the regions fire departments and districts bottom line:
• Fireground Survival Cutters provided to departments at no cost in conjunction with the department’s Fireground Survival Training.
• Bringing down barriers to qualified mental health providers who understand the unique firefighter lifestyle. This coverage also includes firefighter families. Firefighter mental health remains paramount to the overall health of the firefighter. Stress as well as sleep issue have been strongly tied via science to cardiac and cancer issues in firefighters.
• Advance cardiac screening which leads to quicker diagnosis and or return to the fire truck. National standards require advanced evaluation following a firefighter’s cardiac event or finding of a cardiac anomaly.
• State of the art skin cancer detection technology. Early detection of skin cancer and pre skin cancer leads to reduced stress and again time of the truck.
All of the programs (Strategic initiatives for 2018: cardiac, cancer, mental health, sleep issues and shift schedules) we offer the men and women who serve our communities meet verified needs and are based on solid research, much of which is done by the National Fallen Firefighter Foundation.
• Safe Shift Estate Sale/Resale 4911 East 29th Street May 31, June 1 & 2
• Fiesta De Los Bomberos Starr Pass Resort, Tucson September 21, 2018
Thanks and take care!
Honoring the past while embracing the present and inspiring the future as we take care of those who take care of us.
Vision: To provide access to needed resources for our greater Tucson firefighters and their families.
Mission: To assess and respond to unmet needs of the greater Tucson firefighter community by facilitating access to health and wellness resources, while recognizing the firefighting heritage and culture.